Monday, January 31, 2022

Rosa's Bunting

A wee project for Rosa's room, and an exploration into the world of crochet for mama! I'm more of a knitter, as you probably know, but lately I've had a craving for a bit of crochet. Well, rather a craving for what you can do with crochet. I'm a devoted knitter, but I have to admit that crocheting is far more suited to certain projects (especially shapes) -- and also considerably faster than knitting. However, my lack of crochet knowledge/skill has left me limited to video tutorials, because I can't really read patterns. The Boho Tassel Bunting Crochet Pattern did me in, though, and I found myself buying my first crochet pattern.




Thanks to a well-written pattern and helpful photos, I was able to figure this pattern out with relative ease -- and then it was just a matter of repeating it eight times over! I used a simple cotton yarn, which of course was thicker than the pattern called for and resulted in my needing a larger hook and tweaking one of the rows. But it all worked out in the end, and Rosa was so excited when she found out it was for her! She'd been eyeing it while it was in progress, though I managed to head off her inquiries with vague answers. *wink* 


It's now adding a welcome bit of color to her curtain rod. Let's just say I won't miss the stark white walls of a rental house when we move this summer!

I've gained a bit of confidence through this project (though charts still make me shudder!), and I'm eager to have a bit more versatility with my fiber crafts -- I'll always be a knitter first and foremost, but I don't mind having a few more techniques in my project bag...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!