Wednesday, February 02, 2022

A Bit of Brumby

Well, it's becoming clear to me that I have no sense of proportion. I barely post for months, and then inundate my blog with as many posts in two weeks as I've posted in the past year or so! But there you are. 

And here's my Brumby skirt! I hesitated for a week or so with the pattern in my cart, and then there was a fab Black Friday sale that sealed the deal. 




My husband snapped the photo for me while we were out for our annual "Christmas/New Year's Family Breakfast." It was snowing at the time, which you can sort of see in the photo. 

I can't seem to find my fabric details in my e-mail, but I think it was a tencel blend? Really, really lovely fabric to work with, and it almost has a sheen to it. I went for an exposed zipper, and really like how it turned out. I've already worn this skirt so much! The oversized pockets are such fun. 




I've had a difficult time feeling much sewing mojo lately, but this was a good project to put me back in the mood a bit. Now I need to post that dress I finished back in October... *cough*
 

2 comments:

  1. I love the skirt and I'm so glad that you're posting so much! I like the whole look of this outfit. ~ Cari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Cari! I've found that keeping a blog is a very tangible way of seeing how my style preferences have changed over the years. This is a fun outfit to wear, and I've been enjoying it!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!