Tuesday, March 15, 2022

A Home for Unfinished Objects

It's been a few years since I made my first real knitting bag (which is still used regularly!), and after I recently bought several prints from the Ruby Star Society "Purl" collection I knew it was time to make another. After all, I do like to keep a few projects going on my needles at all times... 





I didn't stray far from Erica Arndt's drawstring bag tutorial, and was so pleased with the result! And the fabrics just make my heart happy -- so perfect for a knitting bag, and in colors that I love.





One of my changes was to add a few pockets to the interior, which should help a bit with organization. I also interfaced my lining (just featherweight) to give the bag some extra structure, and that seems to have worked well. I used a simple cotton clothesline for the drawstring, and made my life more complicated by adding fabric tabs to keep the drawstrings together -- I didn't think a knot would work well, and I do really like the tabs. 




With a cross-country move on the horizon (only about 3 months to go!), I'm feeling the urge to use up fabric and get things sorted! Granted, this bag didn't make much of a dent in my stash, but every little bit counts, right? Right now I'm working on matching dresses for Rosa, Rosa's American Girl doll, and a little friend from church -- a much more satisfying use-up-the-fabric type of project!


 

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous beautiful bag . I think I might have to make one for what I call my car knitting . Whenever we go anywhere to visit family or friends my husband always drives so I can knit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Charlene! It would be perfect for car knitting, and the tutorial was quite easy to follow. Oh, I wish I could knit in the car, but I tend to get car sick if I read or knit! So much wasted time... ;-)

      Cheers,
      Shannon

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!