Saturday, March 26, 2022

A Wee Knit for a Wee Niece

A brand-new niece was the perfect opportunity to try out some of the adorable romper patterns I've been eyeing: 



I actually combined two patterns -- the Spring Blossoms romper and the Spring Duo romper, both from the Agasalhosbugalhos shop on Etsy -- so that I could take advantage of both lace and ruffles. I used KnitPicks Cotlin in "Pennyroyal," and it's the faintest lavender; such a delicate color. I love the blend of linen and cotton, and it seemed the right weight for a summery garment. It's also machine washable (a trait highly valued by most parents of newborns, in my experience!).








This was a more involved project than I've done in a while -- so many ends to weave in, despite my changing the pattern to knit it in the round! But the small size made the inevitable frogging less "tragic," and it knit up relatively quickly in spite of my procrastination. 


I was so worried about how big the leg openings were while
I was knitting this up... and then I realized that the leg ribbing 
would take care of that issue later on!


This was also the perfect excuse to dig into my stash of teether supplies:




While my "new" niece made it nearly half-way 'round the sun before I finally put this in the post, I've received the encouraging news that she can wear it layered now, and it should fit just right this summer -- which is a relief, because properly sizing knitting is hard enough, even without babies' unpredictable growth patterns! 

Little knits really are the best.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, adorable outfit! The teether ring looks cute and very baby-safe too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Danice! Yes, I've made these for my own babies and have been impressed with how well they hold up -- no breakages to date!

      Blessings,
      Shannon

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!