Thursday, October 27, 2022

Don't Blink







I'm always a little heartbroken when I'm reminded again how fleeting these newborn days are. The hours turn into days and weeks, while my baby seems to grow before my very eyes. This season is not always blissful or idyllic, but it is so very dear.

It's a retreat from "loftier" pursuits to care for a tiny soul's simple needs of food and warmth and touch -- needs that I can satisfy with my own body, because God's design is very good indeed.

It's a reminder that my heavenly Father cares for me even more tenderly than I care for my littlest love (and a reminder that I'm as utterly dependent on Him as my baby is on me).

It's a reprieve from the groanings of a weary world -- life in the face of death, joy in the midst of darkness, a taste of the good things that He has promised to bring to pass.



Our soul waits for the Lord;
He is our help and our shield.
For our heart is glad in Him,
because we trust in His holy name.
 Let yYur steadfast love, O Lord, be upon us,
even as we hope in You.
Psalm 33:20-22
 





2 comments:

  1. Bless you, how wonderful. I've only just found you so now I'm going to read your blog in the hope you will return soon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, Nora, and thank you for your kindness!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!