Monday, May 02, 2022

Another Pair of Pinkies

Almost as soon as I'd finished my first pair of Pinky Socks (pattern by Trude Hertaas), I cast on another pair! They were so satisfying and quick to knit, and I needed another project quickly for a crafting social. It didn't take me long to pick a new yarn from my "Fairy Yarnmother" stash and set to work.



This time I used my favorite Fish Lips Kiss heel (I use her twin stitch knit/purl technique for virtually all of my short rows/increases now! They're practically invisible), so I knit an entire pattern repeat before starting the heel. Even so, they sit quite low on the back of my heel -- but they don't slip off, and I think I can get away with wearing them with my Adelisa & Co. Dalia's (children's version here). I usually end up wearing little sock liners with my Dalias if I'm wearing a dress, because it looks a bit odd to have socks peeking up over the tops! I also did a tubular cast-on, which has been a favorite for socks lately. It does tend to muddle my brain, though.

I keep experimenting with different needle sizes, but ended up restarting this sock in 2.0mm needles and actually casting on all of the stitches (my last pair was a larger needle size, but I changed the cast-on from 64 to 56). This sock yarn was thinner, and a tighter stitch pattern seemed to work better.




These look a little funny when they're not on my feet! But I like a snug fit, and the nice thing about hand-knit socks is that they're customized to my foot proportions. 

I still have plenty of yarn left -- maybe enough for another pair of ankle socks, or perhaps Rosa will get some socks soon...

2 comments:

  1. Love the socks,Shannon the yarn 🧶 looks gorgeous love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Charlene! It really is a lovely yarn, just a treat to knit with!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!