Friday, April 29, 2022

Gift for a Fairy Yarnmother

Over a year ago, a reader contacted me with a question -- she was downsizing her yarn collection, and would I like some of her stash? Shortly after, a box arrived on my doorstep. And then another, and then a third! Each one filled with beautiful yarns in some of my favorite fibers and a rainbow of colors. So many sock yarns! There were even a few cuts of fabric and a puzzle (how did she know?). I dubbed her my "Fairy Yarn-mother," and the name stuck (I don't know how she would feel about that, but hopefully she'd consider it a compliment!). You've already seen some of the results of her kindness, like Rosa's Izzy, my Elven Woods socks, and my Pinky socks. And there are more projects soon to be posted!


More crochet forays -- this time a bookmark, which was a challenging but enjoyable project.


In spite of my gratitude, 2021 was a difficult year in many ways, and it was over 12 months before I finally sent a little "thank you" package in her direction. It was also ridiculously hard for me to settle on what to send. Choosing gifts is not one of my strengths, and it's even harder when I have limited information about the recipient. But clearly sewing and knitting were something we had in common, and we also share a favorite Jane Austen novel! In the end, I went with those themes and hoped for the best.

A few lavender sachets in these Ruby Star Society "Purl" prints were a must:




And I made a small box adorned with a facsimile of Jane Austen's manuscript for "Persuasion" -- I used to make these regularly for my Etsy shop once upon a time (though with fragments of thrifted novels), but haven't done one in ages. I forgot how much I enjoyed it! 




A few goodies completed the package, and off it went. I must say, it's making me itch to make Jane Austen wares again...
 

4 comments:

  1. Shannon, I love the name Fairy Yarn-Mother! I'm so glad you are enjoying the yarn. I love everything you sent me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm so glad to hear that you liked the little gifts, and that you don't mind the name! As soon as it popped into my head, I couldn't get it out! :-) I just finished another project with some of your gifted yarn, this time for the new baby -- I'll have to post it soon!

      Cheers,
      Shannon

      Delete
    2. I am praying for your continued health & can't wait to hear about your new blessing.

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much! Your prayers mean so much to me!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for stopping by!